Sunday, November 04, 2007

Jumper Monkey

I've taken up my own challenge to make a home-made Christmas gift. I made this jumper monkey from an old jumper that used to fit me when I was a couple of sizes smaller. What's more, I shrunk it in the wash. So it's really never going to fit again - time to re-create it as something new and useful.

To be honest, I think it's turned out kind of creepy. But both Sam and Eleanor love it, and are begging to be allowed to keep it. So I'll stick to my original intention and give it to my niece Rebecca for Christmas, with any luck she'll be as fond of it as my own kids are.

The instructions came from Making Stuff: An Alternative Craft Book by Ziggy Hanaor and Victoria Woodcock, the same source as our recycled cake stand. It took perhaps two or three hours. I'm also planning to make a jumper rabbit for my nephew TJ.

Please vote on the challenge poll in the right-hand sidebar, and tell us whether you've made a Christmas gift, or if you're going to buy all your gifts, or if you're not giving any gifts at all.

Cartoon from Climate Cartoons. Click for a larger version.

1 comment:

Yellow said...

It's the pink eyes that do it. I had to look on a close-up of the teddy, because I thought you hadn't added a face yet. maybe use larger and darker eyes to give it more personality. I'm sure Rebecca will love it.