Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Great Day

Yesterday was a great day. Lots of little but nice things happened. I found a stash of about 50 packets of seeds I had forgotten about, so that was exciting. Then a neighbour came round to ask for a favour, and she gave me some home-made cookies as a "thank you". I also spent over an hour at the allotment for the first time in months. I moved the compost heaps, which was a bigger job than it sounds. Whilst I was doing it I found one of my favourite gardening gloves which I lost back in May or something. It needs a good wash but then it will be as good as new.

Today's picture is of the sock monkeys my sister, Steph, made for the kids for Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must admit that they were new socks, bought especially for the project, and not second hand ones, though I will be keeping an eye out in charity shops in the New Year. Well, now actually. Glad the kids enjoyed them. In fact the first ones I made were from soe\me unwanted argyle socks hubby got last Christmas. So theres a good use for any unwanted socks you've received this year!!

Melanie Rimmer said...

The kids love them Steph. They have far more character than anything you can buy in ToysRUs. How long do they take to make?

Anonymous said...

Just over an hour each, and it's great to watch them grow out of nothing.