Saturday, August 26, 2006

Cash crop

I sold some of my produce today, for the first time. A little while ago, the farm shop offered to buy any surplus fruit and veg off me, and today I took in three huge yellow marrows and the grocer gave me £2 for them. Now I'm a market gardener, instead of a subsistence farmer!

To celebrate, we all went to the Poynton Show, the largest agricultural show in the North West. We usually go every year and it's always great fun. Last year we missed it because we were at Disneyland Paris, which you'd think trumps the local agricultural show by quite a wide margin, but the kids were upset when they realised they were missing the Poynton Show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been to Great Eccleston Show(between Blackpool and Garstang)It's always fantastic and is usually held the second Sat and Sun In July-They also have the tractor pulling competion that weekend plus there's the European Tractor Pull Comp at the showground on the August Bank Holiday weekend