Friday, June 16, 2006

Rosemary Conley eat your heart out

Introducing the amazing new weight-loss regime taking the country by storm. Forget the GI diet, forget Atkins, now there's the Allotment Regime.
Scientific studies prove that a combination of fresh air, two hours of digging a day and all the rhubarb you can eat can cause weight loss of up to 4 lbs a week. You'll have hands like a navvy, but what a body!

Actually I only managed one and a half hours of digging today, and in that time I increased the length of the bed by a pathetic two feet. After I finally cleared all the glass out I made pretty fast progress until I hit a large buried object. At first I thought it was a chimney pot but when I finally extracted it (which took some doing) it weighed a ton and is clearly made of iron.

Together with a neighbouring gardener we've come up with a plan. We're going to steal a Bronze Age brooch from a museum and post it to Tony Robinson saying we found it on the allotment. Then Phil and Mick and Carenza will come and dig it all over for us.

No comments: